Definitioner — Engelska
- To put forth reasons for or against; debate: "It is time to stop arguing tax-rate reductions and to enact them” ( Paul Craig Roberts).
- To attempt to prove by reasoning; maintain or contend: The speaker argued that more immigrants should be admitted to the country.
- To give evidence of; indicate: "Similarities cannot always be used to argue descent” ( Isaac Asimov).
- To persuade or influence (another), as by presenting reasons: argued the clerk into lowering the price.
- To put forth reasons for or against something: argued for dismissal of the case; argued against an immediate counterattack.