Definiţii — Engleză
- The separation of an intellectual or material whole into its constituent parts for individual study.
- Chemistry The separation of a substance into its constituent elements to determine either their nature (qualitative analysis) or their proportions (quantitative analysis).
- Mathematics A branch of mathematics principally involving differential and integral calculus, sequences, and series and concerned with limits and convergence.
- Mathematics The method of proof in which a known truth is sought as a consequence of a series of deductions from that which is the thing to be proved.
- Linguistics The use of function words such as prepositions, pronouns, or auxiliary verbs instead of inflectional endings to express a grammatical relationship; for example, the cover of the dictionary instead of the dictionary's cover.