- Approximately; nearly: The interview lasted about an hour.
- In no particular direction: wandering about with no place to go.
- In the area or vicinity; near: spoke to a few spectators standing about.
- In succession; one after another: Turn about is fair play.
- Usage Problem Used to show determination or intention in negative constructions with an infinitive: I am not about to concede the point.
- In the possession or innate character of: Keep your wits about you.
- Being in evidence or existence: Rumors are about concerning his resignation.