Definitions — English
- To give personal assurances; give a guarantee: vouch for an old friend's trustworthiness.
- To constitute supporting evidence; give substantiation: a candidate whose strong record vouches for her ability.
- To substantiate by supplying evidence; prove: charges that he could not vouch.
- Law To summon as a witness to give warranty of title.
- To refer to (an authority, for example) in support or corroboration; cite.
- To assert; declare.
- Obsolete A declaration of opinion; an assertion.