Definitions — English
- One who is employed to escort people to their seats, as in a theater, church, or stadium.
- A man who attends a bridal party at a wedding.
- One who serves as official doorkeeper, as in a courtroom or legislative chamber.
- Чиновник, обязанностью которого является сделать интродукции между незнакомых лиц или предшествовать лиц ранга в процессии.An official whose duty is to make introductions between unacquainted persons or to precede persons of rank in a procession.
- Archaic An assistant teacher in a school.
- To serve as an usher to; escort.
- To lead or conduct. See Synonyms at guide.
- To precede and introduce; inaugurate: a celebration to usher in the new century.
- To serve as an usher: ushered every Sunday at church.