Definitions — English
- Not producing or incapable of producing offspring.
- Not producing or incapable of producing seed, fruit spores, or other reproductive structures. Used of plants or their parts.
- Producing little or no vegetation; unfruitful: sterile land.
- Free from live bacteria or other microorganisms: a sterile operating area; sterile instruments.
- Lacking imagination, creativity, or vitality.
- Lacking the power to function; not productive or effective; fruitless: a sterile discussion.