Definitions — English
- Of, relating to, governed by, or acquired through practice or action, rather than theory, speculation, or ideals: gained practical experience of sailing as a deck hand.
- Manifested in or involving practice: practical applications of calculus.
- Actually engaged in a specified occupation or a certain kind of work; practicing.
- Capable of or suitable to being used or put into effect; useful: practical knowledge of Japanese. See Usage Note at practicable.
- Concerned with the production or operation of something useful: Woodworking is a practical art.
- Level-headed, efficient, and unspeculative.
- Being actually so in almost every respect; virtual: a practical disaster.