Definitions — English
- Of, relating to, or occurring at the beginning; first: took the initial step toward peace.
- Designating the first letter or letters of a word.
- The first letter of a proper name.
- The first letter of each word of a person's full name considered as a unit: stationery monogrammed with her initials.
- The first letter of a word.
- A large, often highly decorated letter set at the beginning of a chapter, verse, or paragraph.
- To mark or sign with initials, especially for purposes of authorization or approval.