Definitions — English
- An incident or event that is part of a progression or a larger sequence: "South Africa may remain one of history's most tragic episodes” ( Bayard Rustin).
- One of a series of related events in the course of a continuous account. See Synonyms at occurrence.
- A portion of a narrative that relates an event or a series of connected events and forms a coherent story in itself; an incident: an episode in a picaresque novel.
- A separate part of a serialized work, such as a novel or play.
- A separate program that is part of a television or radio series.
- A section of a classic Greek tragedy that occurs between two choric songs.
- Music A passage between statements of a main subject or theme, as in a rondo or fugue.