Definitions — English
- The state or condition of being conscious.
- A sense of one's personal or collective identity, including the attitudes, beliefs, and sensitivities held by or considered characteristic of an individual or group: Love of freedom runs deep in the national consciousness.
- Special awareness or sensitivity: class consciousness; race consciousness.
- Alertness to or concern for a particular issue or situation: a movement aimed at raising the general public's consciousness of social injustice.
- In psychoanalysis, the conscious.