Definitions — English
- Of broad or liberal scope; comprehensive: "The 100-odd pages of formulas and constants are surely the most catholic to be found” ( Scientific American).
- Including or concerning all humankind; universal: "what was of catholic rather than national interest” ( J.A. Froude).
- Of or involving the Roman Catholic Church.
- Of or relating to the universal Christian church.
- Of or relating to the ancient undivided Christian church.
- Of or relating to those churches that have claimed to be representatives of the ancient undivided church.
- A member of a Catholic church, especially a Roman Catholic.