Definitions — English
- To lurch or swerve while in motion.
- To rush headlong or carelessly; career: "He careened through foreign territories on a desperate kind of blitz” ( Anne Tyler).
- Nautical To lean to one side, as a ship sailing in the wind.
- Nautical To turn a ship on its side for cleaning, caulking, or repairing.
- Nautical To cause (a ship) to lean to one side; tilt.
- To lean (a ship) on one side for cleaning, caulking, or repairing.
- To clean, caulk, or repair (a ship in this position).
- Nautical The act or process of careening a ship.
- Nautical The position of a careened ship.