Definitions — English
- An opening, a tear, or a rupture.
- A gap or rift, especially in or as if in a solid structure such as a dike or fortification.
- A violation or infraction, as of a law, a legal obligation, or a promise.
- A breaking up or disruption of friendly relations; an estrangement.
- A leap of a whale from the water.
- The breaking of waves or surf.
- To make a hole or gap in; break through.
- To break or violate (an agreement, for example).
- To leap from the water: waiting for the whale to breach.